HOME Investment Partnerships Program
HOME Program - State of South Carolina
Click here to learn more about the 2017 FHLB Affordable Housing Program.
2017 HOME Program
Bulletin #1 3/22/2017
HOME Manual - Final - 3/3/2017
Approved Market Study Providers
Needs Assessment Report Guidelines
Market Study Guidelines
Application - excel format
M-34 Experience Certification
M-47 Eligibility Certification
M-36 Construction Design Certification - excel format
M-37 Environmental Information
M-38 Environmental User Questionnaire
M-7B Lead-Safe Housing Rule
M-39 Tenant Profile Form
M-67 Project Occupancy Report Form
M-52 Notice to Seller
M-43 Marketing Outreach
Exhibit 7 - Site Distances - excel format
M-40 Site and Neighborhood Certification
DRAFT 2017 Action Plan
HOME Certified CHDO List 2017 - 1/27/2017
The HOME Investment Partnerships Program is designed to promote partnerships between the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), state and local governments, and those in the nonprofit and for-profit sectors who build, own, manage, finance, and support low income housing initiatives. HOME provides the flexibility needed to fund a wide range of low income housing initiatives through creative and unique housing partnerships. The HOME Program was created under Title II of the Cranston-Gonzalez National Affordable Housing Act of 1990.
How does the HOME Program work? SC Housing awards HOME funding each calendar year. Although South Carolina's HOME funding fluctuates year to year, an average of $4 million is available. All HOME funds must benefit households at 80% or below the county median income.
- Units of local government
- Nonprofit organizations
- For-profit organizations
- Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs)
- Public Housing Authorities
Click on an eligible HOME activity for additional information and to access applications and manuals.
HOME Income and Rent Limits:
- Income and Rent Limits
- HOME Income Limits - Other Years
- HOME Rent Limits - Other Years
- Technical Guide for Determining Income & Allowances for the HOME Program
- HUD - Income Calculator
Can HOME funds be used with other State and Federal Programs?
Yes, HOME funds have been used in conjunction with:
- South Carolina Housing Trust Fund
- Low Income Housing Tax Credits
- Community Development Block Grants
- Federal Home Loan Bank
- Department of Mental Health
- Rural Housing Services
- MRB Program Participating Lenders
- Banks, and many others.
HOME Manuals, Forms & Announcements:
Click here for program announcements and HOME forms.
- 24 CFR Part 92 - HOME Investment Partnerships Program
- Davis-Bacon Wage Determinations
- Davis-Bacon: Contractor's Guide to Prevailing Wage Requirements - NEW!
- Debarment - SAM - Systems Award Management
- Fannie Mae - Mandatory Delivery Commitment Rate
- HUD - HOME Cross Cutting Federal Requirements: Labor Standards & Contracting
- HUD - Energy Star
- HUD - Equal Housing Opportunity Graphics for Printing
- Fair Housing SC
- HUD - Fair Housing Accessibility Guidelines
- HUD - Fair Housing for HOME Particpants
- HUD - Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
- HUD - HOME Program
- HUD - Income Calculator
- HUD - Lead-Safe Housing Rule
- HUD - Office of Environment and Energy
- HUD - Real Estate Acquisition and Relocation
- HUD - SC State Office
- HUD - Technical Guide for Determining Income and Allowances for the HOME Program
- HUD - Youthbuild
- SC Minority Business Directory
- SC Energy Office
- Southern Association for Financial Empowerment (SAFE)
Questions or comments? Contact Leanne Johnson at (803) 896-9248.