HOME Investment Partnerships Program
(HOME Program) State of South Carolina
2016 HOME Program
2016 HOME Rental Manual
2016 HOME Application - excel format
Approved Market Study Providers
Needs Assessment Report Guidelines
Market Study Guidelines
M-34 Experience Certification
M-47 Eligibility Certification
M-36 Construction Design Certification
M-37 Environmental Information
M-38 Environmental User Questionnaire
M-7B Lead-Safe Housing Rule
M-39 Tenant Profile Form
M-52 Notice to Seller
M-43 Waiting List Certification
M-40 Site and Neighborhood Certification
DRAFT 2016 HOME Manual - redlined - updated and reposted 1/8/2016
HOME Certified CHDO List 2016 - 2/3/2016
The 2016 HOME Workshop will be held March 3rd at the Wingate. The 2016 HOME application will be due April 4 - 8, 2016.
The HOME Investment Partnerships Program is designed to promote partnerships between the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), state and local governments, and those in the nonprofit and for-profit sectors who build, own, manage, finance, and support low income housing initiatives. HOME provides the flexibility needed to fund a wide range of low income housing initiatives through creative and unique housing partnerships. The HOME Program was created under Title II of the Cranston-Gonzalez National Affordable Housing Act of 1990.
How does the HOME Program work? SC Housing awards HOME funding each calendar year. Although South Carolina's HOME funding fluctuates year to year, an average of $4 million is available. All HOME funds must benefit households at 80% or below the county median income.
- Units of local government
- Nonprofit organizations
- For-profit organizations
- Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs)
- Public Housing Authorities
Click on an eligible HOME activity for additional information and to access applications and manuals.
HOME Income and Rent Limits:
- Income and Rent Limits
- HOME Income Limits - Other Years
- HOME Rent Limits - Other Years
- Technical Guide for Determining Income & Allowances for the HOME Program
- HUD - Income Calculator
Can HOME funds be used with other State and Federal Programs?
Yes, HOME funds have been used in conjunction with:
- South Carolina Housing Trust Fund
- Low Income Housing Tax Credits
- Community Development Block Grants
- Federal Home Loan Bank
- Department of Mental Health
- Rural Housing Services
- MRB Program Participating Lenders
- Banks, and many others.
HOME Manuals, Forms & Announcements:
Click here for program announcements and HOME forms.
- Davis-Bacon Wage Determinations
- Davis-Bacon: Contractor's Guide to Prevailing Wage Requirements - NEW!
- Debarment - SAM - Systems Award Management
- Fannie Mae - Mandatory Delivery Commitment Rate
- HUD - HOME Cross Cutting Federal Requirements: Labor Standards & Contracting
- HUD - Energy Star
- HUD - Equal Housing Opportunity Graphics for Printing
- Fair Housing SC
- HUD - Fair Housing Accessibility Guidelines
- HUD - Fair Housing for HOME Particpants
- HUD - Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
- HUD - HOME Program
- HUD - Income Calculator
- HUD - Lead-Safe Housing Rule
- HUD - Office of Environment and Energy
- HUD - Real Estate Acquisition and Relocation
- HUD - SC State Office
- HUD - Technical Guide for Determining Income and Allowances for the HOME Program
- HUD - Youthbuild
- SC Minority Business Directory
- SC Energy Office
- Southern Association for Financial Empowerment (SAFE)
Questions or comments? Contact Leanne Johnson at (803) 896-9248 or Leanne Johnson@schousing.com.