HOME Investment Partnerships Program
(HOME Program) State of South Carolina
HOME Certified CHDO List 2014 - 1/9/2014
2014 HOME Program
Applications Received - posted 2/26/2014
Public Notice Annual Action Plan
Annual Action Plan - Final Draft 1/6/2014
HOME Action Plan - Draft
The HOME Investment Partnerships Program is designed to promote partnerships between the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), state and local governments, and those in the nonprofit and for-profit sectors who build, own, manage, finance, and support low income housing initiatives. HOME provides the flexibility needed to fund a wide range of low income housing initiatives through creative and unique housing partnerships. The HOME Program was created under Title II of the Cranston-Gonzalez National Affordable Housing Act of 1990.
How does the HOME Program work? SC Housing awards HOME funding each calendar year. Although South Carolina's HOME funding fluctuates year to year, an average of $10 million is available. All HOME funds must benefit households at 80% or below the county median income.
- Competitive applications for Rental activities will be accepted February 24 - February 25, 2014 during regular business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST). Applications received after the deadline will not be considered and will be returned to the Applicant.
- Units of local government
- Nonprofit organizations
- For-profit organizations
- Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs)
- Public Housing Authorities
Click on an eligible HOME activity for additional information and to access applications and manuals.
HOME Income and Rent Limits:
- Income and Rent Limits
- HOME Income Limits - Other Years
- HOME Rent Limits - Other Years
- Technical Guide for Determining Income & Allowances for the HOME Program
- HUD - Income Calculator
Can HOME funds be used with other State and Federal Programs?
Yes, HOME funds have been used in conjunction with:
- South Carolina Housing Trust Fund
- Low Income Housing Tax Credits
- Community Development Block Grants
- Federal Home Loan Bank
- Department of Mental Health
- Rural Housing Services
- MRB Program Participating Lenders
- Banks, and many others.
HOME Manuals, Forms & Announcements:
Click here for program announcements and HOME forms.
- Davis-Bacon Wage Determinations
- Davis-Bacon: Contractor's Guide to Prevailing Wage Requirements - NEW!
- Debarment - SAM - Systems Award Management
- Fannie Mae - Mandatory Delivery Commitment Rate
- HUD - HOME Cross Cutting Federal Requirements: Labor Standards & Contracting
- HUD - Energy Star
- HUD - Equal Housing Opportunity Graphics for Printing
- Fair Housing SC
- HUD - Fair Housing Accessibility Guidelines
- HUD - Fair Housing for HOME Particpants
- HUD - Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
- HUD - HOME Program
- HUD - Income Calculator
- HUD - Lead-Safe Housing Rule
- HUD - Office of Environment and Energy
- HUD - Real Estate Acquisition and Relocation
- HUD - SC State Office
- HUD - Technical Guide for Determining Income and Allowances for the HOME Program
- HUD - Youthbuild
- SC Minority Business Directory
- SC Energy Office
- Southern Association for Financial Empowerment (SAFE)
Questions or comments? Contact Ayesha Driggers at (803) 896-9248 or Ayesha.Driggers@schousing.com.