The Official Website of the South Carolina State Housing Finance & Development Authority

Lending Partners

Lending Partners

Lending Partner Information

  • Certified Real Estate Professionals
  • Real Estate Agents
  • Loan Officers

SC Housing Homeownership Brochure (download brochure and fill in your organization's information using Adobe Acrobat)



Real Estate Professionals

Real Estate Agents
To become an SC Housing Certified Real Estate Professional you must complete a two hour training class designed for Real Estate Agents. By becoming a Certified Real Estate Professional, you will know what opportunities are available for your client through the SC State Housing Finance and Development Authority and your contact information will be placed on our website as an SC Housing Certified Real Estate Professional. All SC State Housing Finance and Development Authority loan applications must be submitted by licensed loan officers employed by any of SC Housing's approved lending partners. Please click on Lender Partner Training on this page for class schedules or call Claude Spurlock at 803-896-9396 for more information. 

Class outline

  • Programs available through SC Housing – including Down Payment Assistance
  • SC Housing Requirements and required forms information
  • Marketing SC Housing Loans and much more

Loan Officers
To become an SC Housing Certified Real Estate Professional, you must complete a two hour training class designed for Loan Officers. By becoming a Certified Real Estate Professional you will know what opportunities are available for your client through the SC State Housing Finance and Development Authority and your contact information will be placed on our website as a Lending Partner. You must complete a training class before submitting a loan to SC Housing for approval. All SC State Housing Finance and Development Authority loan applications must be submitted by licensed loan officers employed by any of SC Housing's approved lending partners. Please click on Lender Partner Training on this page for class schedules or call Claude Spurlock at 803-896-9396 for more information. 

Class outline

  • Programs available through SC Housing – including Down Payment Assistance
  • SC Housing Requirements and required forms
  • Loan Processing
  • Loan Submissions
  • Marketing SC Housing Loans and much more



Become An Approved Lending Partner


Approved Lender Partners
If you are currrently an Approved Lender Partner, please log on to the Extranet.

Lender Process
Loans are closed and funded under the lenders name. Once the loan package is approved by SC Housing, the loan is purchased and the lender is funded. At that time, the lender assigns the mortgage to SC Housing for servicing. The lender is responsible for ensuring that all closing documents are correctly prepared. The lender is also responsible for forwarding the final recorded documents to SC Housing within the specified timeframe. Due to the timing of purchase, the mortgagor may be required to make their payments to the lender until SC Housing purchases the loan.

If you are interested in becoming an Approved Lender, click on "Lender Approval Request." Prior to completing the application, please contact Claude Spurlock at 803-896-9396 for additional information.



NEW - SC MORTGAGE TAX CREDIT PROGRAM (MCC) LENDING PARNTER APPLICATION

SC Housing’s new SC Mortgage Tax Credit Program (MCC) will begin accepting borrower applications in mid-November. Lending partners who want to offer this new product must complete a MCC Lending Partner Application and sign the SC Mortgage Tax Credit Agreement. You do not have to be approved to offer SC Housing’s Bond Loans to be able to participate in the SC Mortgage Credit Program. These are separate approvals. Please see application and agreement enclosed.

FOR ALL LENDING PARTNERS WHO COMPLETE THE MCC LENDING PARTNER APPLICATION, SIGN THE SC MORTGAGE TAX CREDIT AGREEMENT AND RETURN THE FORMS PRIOR TO JANUARY 1, 2013, SC HOUSING WILL WAIVE THE $500.00 APPLICATION FEE. A RENEWAL FEE OF $200.00 WILL BE DUE 1/1/2014 AND ANNUALLY THEREAFTER.

What is A SC Mortgage Tax Credit?

The SC Mortgage Tax Credit also known as a Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) is a certificate that allows a homebuyer to take a federal income tax credit for a portion of the annual interest they pay on their mortgage loan. The MCC allows eligible borrowers to take a dollar for dollar federal tax credit of 30% of the mortgage interest they pay annually. It can save a borrower up to $2,000 each year they occupy the home. The remaining 70% of the mortgage interest can still be deducted from their annual income on their tax return. The MCC can be taken each year for the life the loan as long it is their primary residence. A borrower can never deduct more than their actual tax liability after other deductions.

Click here for more information on the program.